Contract Position: Approximately 15-20 hours per week
Location: Your house (Remote)
Are you a detail oriented person with a background in organizational support? Do you have experience in bookkeeping, general accounting and supporting HR? Do you thrive on making the whole team run more efficiently? Yes?! We’re offering you the chance to utilize these skills and the opportunity to work in a close-knit, small team environment high on personal responsibility and a desire to help our clients succeed.
Read on to further determine if you’re the Office Manager that Verified Studios seeks to join our team:
- Manage company cash flow, forecasting, and budgeting spreadsheets
- Daily bookkeeping through Quickbooks Online and other systems, ensuring consistency and accuracy, with the support of an outside tax accountant
- Prepare financial reports, including project profitability reports and sales reports
- Assist with all aspects of talent recruitment, including: pre-screening resumes, conducting phone interviews, and presenting qualified candidates to hiring managers
- Coordinate on-boarding process for all new contractors and employees
- Coordinate special events and company culture initiatives
- Assist with light HR administration work
- Support team members calendar management, including: organizing and scheduling meetings
- Assist on ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Proficiency in Excel
- A sense of accountability for the work that you do
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Undergraduate degree and at least 2 years direct experience in bookkeeping and HR
- Experience with Quickbooks Online
- Experience with Google Drive/G Suite and LiquidPlanner project management is a plus
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience working with a professional services organization and an understanding of services, billing, and accounting for an agency is a bonus
About Verified Studios
Verified Studios has been successfully helping our higher education clients leverage web design, online marketing and custom software development to achieve their goals in educational user experience, application and enrollment since 2006. Our main office is located in Durham, NC.
Please email a cover letter, your resume, and your hourly rate to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Office Manager in the subject of your email. Any submissions that do not include a cover letter will not be considered.